Friday, June 26, 2009

Golf...enough said!


So I have been fortunate to be introduced to the game of golf at age 5. I am not good, I do enjoy, but I don't own a set of clubs. (It is me belief that if given time and a couple lessons it would be one sport I am good at, beside swimming) Any way, a friend and I had this random discussion the other day about how golf should be a required course in college. Anyone in the business world needs to know how to play and needs to know you to use it as a networking device. I think I would have taken golf in college if given the opportunity. Yet, over the last week, I was shown how golf goes beyond networking but to the point of inspiration. So I thought I would share this with you! (You might have seen some of this before, but this was my first time...bare with me)

Inspiration number 1: DJ Gregory
....Wow this was amazing to me! I have the privilege of watching golf anytime I am with my seventeen brother, the avid golfer, so when I heard about this story and the fact that he is walking 900 miles on the PGA tour, I thought about how every time I watch golf, this guy just walked the course too and was there. It made me not despise walking in my brother's tournaments as much! The neat thing is that DJ Gregory chronicled his experience, in his blog. and he became a staple in the tournament and an inspiration for so many people including myself! I suggest you check out his video too!

Inspiration number 2: Kyle Lagrasso
This too is another sweet golf story, watch the video from HBO and be amazed. Kyle is a cancer survivor and has the perfected swing of Tiger Woods, and he is only like 7 or 8! Wow! Check out his foundation and story! What a cool kid and family!

Both of these stories goes beyond networking, but more showing that with golf there is unlimited possibilities.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

i'm learning to play, and i agree that its potential for both professional networking and personal relaxation are not emphasized enough. now if we could get more ladies in on the action...