Monday, June 8, 2009

Investing in my happiness


So this weekend I put a deposit down on what maybe the biggest investment I make this year, a dog. Bradshaw Arthur will be coming to live with me in 2 weeks. He will invade my apartment and my pocketbook, and I can't wait. I have been waiting for this for a while and he is a gift from my parents upon the completion of my masters. I am very excited about it all and ready to fill my time with the idea of having some form of responsibility to something other than myself. Bradshaw is an investment for my happiness.

Why do I need this, some may ask, I need to feel responsible for more that what I have on a daily basis, granted I am responsible for my students' lives for eight hours a day... sometimes more than that and yet it is still not my own. I think this dog will be my welcome wagon after a long day, the constant companion that won't talk back and has to listen with out an opinion. He will be some one to cuddle with, laugh at and he will be my investment to my happiness!

3 comments:

Coupon Magnet said...

oh my goodness! What a cute dog! :)
I saw you were new on SITS, so i thought I would stop by. :)
You have a really great blog. I am following and will continue to check in! :)
Christy

Unknown said...

Thank you so much! I am honored!

mylittlebecky said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah that tiny thing is ADORABLE! i am so jealous. little yorkie puppy with it's little black yorkie puppy nosey. i'm def gonna need more pictures!

ps hello! :)