Friday, January 7, 2011

Why I teach Creative Writing....

So this week I asked my new Creative Writing students to tell me why they wanted to take this class, I think it is only fair to say why I am glad I teach this class. For the students who know me, you know that I am pretty easy to get along with I that I enjoy laughing.  I believe that having the ability to be creative and also the privilege to facilitate students creativity I am a happy teacher.

Being creative is something many people, students included, find frustrating and I can't figure out why. Maybe it is because they didn't have the imagination that I had as a kid. Or people are so tightly wound that they forget what it is like to let your mind run wild. (Something I hope the students in this class do).  I keep trying to change some ways that we are going to create in this class and if you have any idea's please let me know. I hope you do enjoy the blogging and that all of you will reply to every body's at least 2 times and enjoy this class as much as I enjoy teaching it.

2 comments:

Ms. J said...

I enjoy creative writing just for the chance to imagine and come up with anything. I like the fact that it a free process and you can come up with something amazing using your own mind. I have always liked writing stories, but it was when I was a junior in high school I found enjoyment in creating poetry. I totally agree with your point and I too hope that everyone has fun in this class!!!

Ms. J

Anonymous said...

so in this class we can write about whatever we want or are a=you going to tell us what to write about?
are you sure this doesnt count as an english class?