Thursday, January 27, 2011

Failure

I am really bothered today, and it came after having a conversation with my administrators. Here are the facts, I enjoy my job, I have days that are better than other, but I really enjoy what I do. I know that this is where I should be.

Today, however, I was told that people are wanting to see me fail or to be cut down. I have a really hard time with this. Why would anybody want to see some one fail, get in trouble, or cut a person down. I was told that my personality isn't accepted by all people. Okay....? I understand that I may not be everybody's favorite nor do I want to be. I also know that I may not always get a long with everybody, but I never EVER would wish failure, or disappointment on some one. Why are people threatened by smart, successful some what confidant individuals? And if you are threatened why wouldn't you strive to be more like them or at least  appreciate some quality about that person.  I don't love everybody in the world, but I will find some good  or positive and/or appreciate what he or she may bring to the table.

This is a really hard thing for me to grasp, because being cut down or wish failure on someone seems so harsh. Don't get me wrong, in competition I have wished other people to not be as successful as I believed we were, but graciousness and class was still exuded from me. For instance, North Platte consistently wind our district in One-Act. The director is smug and uppity. however when they won, I said congrats and wished them well. I will congratulate a winner even if I wanted to win, that is a part of the game. I would look and process what they were successful at and use that to make myself successful. I am so very irritated.

1 comment:

Bjareske-young said...

I think it some people's human nature to want to see others as miserable as them. I think that some have too much time on their hands and want to use that time to make people upset. I agree with you though, being caring is a better way to go.