Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gracias....

Today is Thanksgiving, and after living on this earth for 27 years, this is the first time it seems where I honestly FEEL thankful for everything I have been given. There is literally one month left of 2009 and the time line of this year for me is astonishing, the highs the lows, the plateau's but I never sincerely felt the "thanks" in my heart until this one.
Things I am thankful for in no particular order:
My family~ They are truly amazing, and I have taken them for granted so often, but I could not live with out them. My parents, are such awesome role models, humans, examples, they are honest and loving and giving and most of all inspiring. My brother has never not amazed me, three years of my life have been clouded by manipulations and deceit and jealousy that I never realized what a gift he is in my life. My sister and brother-in-law, have given me their support and encouragement and also a nephew, who has changed a small part of me and my entire immediate family. They are my rocks!
My dog, Bradshaw~ Getting him was exactly what I needed. He makes me laugh, he cuddles, he licks my face when I cry, he frustrates me, but he know he is mine. Although the pretends he talks back, he is a pretty good listener.
My friends~ I have many different friend groups, but all of them support and encourage me. They are sincere and honest and loving and it is so nice to know they exist, and no matter what change I choose to make, they will still stand by me and up for me.
My Job and the Students I see everyday~ I never knew the reward I would have being a teacher, seriously! Everyday is a new day, everyday is a challenge, but there are very few days when I wake up and don't want to go to work. The silly things students say, the activities they do, the joy they have when the realized just how human you are, amazes me. My students are more than words can say, and I am so thankful for them.
This undisclosed person: I am thankful to him, because with out him I would not have seen what my life could be like. He has no idea how thankful I am to him, and he may not ever, but if it wasn't for a trip to Omaha, and Grand Island, I could have never found the courage within myself to make the choice I did. He challenges me and supports me and makes me laugh. There is a connection that I hope he feels and will act on, but even if he doesn't he still is a truly genuine person.
DVR~ I know it seems silly, but without it I would not be able to watch my favorite TV shows, that honestly put a spring in my step and reminded me what laughing is. Glee, the office I sincerly thank your producers for allowing you on TV!
Corrine~ She is an inspiration, she listens guides and challenges me, words can not express the joy I have know she is my best friend. She is my sister from another mother!
Music~ Thank you Jason Mraz, John Mayer, Glee soundtrack, Micheal Buble, Jack Johnson, Dave Matthews, Journey, Guster, Idina Menzel, Kristen Chenowith, The Abstract, Dave Merkel, Buddy Guy, Britney Spears, Mat Kearney, Matt Nathanson, OAR, Dispatch, etc etc...
My faith ~ it seems a little odd to thank my faith, but the fact is I found it again, I found and and I feel it. It is not a religion, but rather a strength that was given back to me. I am amazed and glad I feel it again.
Social Networking things ~ I love communication and being able to communicate with people makes me happy! To all you inventors of these brilliant things, Thank you!

This joy of gratitude is what I will carry on in 2010, because without it I would not be the person I am. I sincerely hope all who read this have a wonder Thanksgiving and be grateful for what you have, don't be afraid to tell them it either!

No comments: