Monday, December 21, 2009

Things I learned in one weekend.....

Okay, so it is a fact that the Holiday Season is a very busy time of year, this holiday season kind of kicked my ass. In the course of just under 2 months, I was caught having my dog in my pet free apartment, which left me no choice but to find a new place to live, I put on two high school productions, worked two jobs, and decided after looking at some of the worst rentals in my small town, to buy a house. I closed on December 18th and moved in on the 19th. So my head is just spinning now. Among these small things I have seen more changes in my life in those same two months than I thought possible, and the amazing thing, I learned more about myself that I thought possible.

1. I realized that friends who will clean out your nasty refrigerator are awesome and are better friends than you initially thought.
2. That strangers who surprise you on a Monday, can end up being a friend by Sunday.
3. That when toxicity leaves your life, or in my case when you tell toxicity to leave your life, good things come.
4. That chivalry is not dead and it can surprise you at the most random times.
5. That no matter what age people are, they will still go out of your way to make the people they care about have a better situation.
6. I realized that the holidays get pretty lonely, but at least your alive to experience them.
7. That although family is pretty amazing majority of the time, they still know the exact ways to annoy the crap out of you, but it is always better to shut your mouth than discuss how annoyed you are with them.
8. I also learned that a 7, 8 and 12 year old, can make you feel pretty good about yourself, and yet still cry when the games at the arcade eat their money.
9. The singing/rapping karaoke always makes you laugh as well as other people, no matter how awful you are, it still a good time.
10. That sometimes coffee is the only thing that can make your day better.

It seems a little odd that this is the topic of my blog today, but in an effort to sort out the many thoughts that are circling my brain and the inability to concentrate, I guess putting it all down here, seemed like the best idea.

This holiday season, I hope that all of my wonderful 18 followers and random people who come across this blog, take something away from the mini moments in life to really appreciate what surrounds them. Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't forget Lesson #11...

Doilies make lousy curtains. They actually don't even make very good doilies.

Hope things are going well in the new "Castle Sarah".

Merry Christmas!
Mookie

Jen @ After The Alter said...

wow it sounds like you have a TON going on in your life right now! I think you really learn alot about friends and people by how they react when you are stressed...I hope things settle for you soon!